Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

What does my insurance cover if I’m in an accident?

That depends on the amount of coverage you have purchased. In Florida, the law requires you to carry PIP or Personal Injury Protection, and PD or Property Damage coverage. PIP covers your first $10,000.00 in medical expenses and PD covers the damage you cause to someone else’s vehicle if the accident is your fault. It is a common mistake for people to believe PD covers their own vehicle, so make sure to purchase collision coverage. See below for more information regarding insurance coverage. Call us for a free consultation explaining your coverage options.

What does my auto insurance cover? Here is a simple chart:

Required by Law

  • PIP – Personal injury Protection – This is medical coverage up to $10,000.00 for yourself
  • PD – Property Damage – This is coverage for damage you cause to other vehicles

Optional Coverage

  • Bodily Injury Coverage – Protects your assets if you cause injury to another person. This is also important because it provides you with an attorney in case you cause an accident
  • UM/UIM – Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists – Protects you for your injuries when the other driver is not covered. We highly recommend this protection.
  • Collision – Repairs or replaces your car if you are at fault or the other driver has no PD coverage
  • Comprehensive – Covers various items like your windshield or vehicle theft
  • Rental Car – Provides for a rental car but may be limited by price or time
Share This: